Monday, December 29, 2008

urban solace round 2

Unknown to some people, Ashton actually has another significant other besides myself by the name of Scott Henley. They've been friends since the womb and their relationship is something that I have accepted and embraced. Scott flew out here on Christmas Day and has enjoyed some of the best cheap eats in San Diego so far, so obviously brunch was going to have to be a guaranteed hit. The Mission was packed, so we wandered down into North Park and ultimately decided on a repeat performance by Urban Solace. Their bluegrass brunch has already been reviewed by me, and given an enthusiastic thumbs up. This time we were pleased once again, Ashton with his portobella sandwich repeat, Scott with his incredibly tantalizing looking burger, and me with my Egg-Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato. I was torn in several different directions before throwing it all to the wind and going with this classic:



Incredibly messy, incredibly tasty. I did add a nice slopping of full grain mustard, which I find really goes well with any egg sandwich. Plus I wasn't wild about their aioli that was already smeared around the bread, but it certainly wasn't offensive by any means. It came with a generous helping of sweet potato fries, and while normally sweet potato fries don't excite me to this level, I again assure you that they are fantastic. Another home run for Urban Solace!

No comments: