Wednesday, December 3, 2008

travel book

Something that I've been thinking about doing for a very long time is finding the best burrito places in all 50 states (or maybe the continental 48) and writing a travel book about them. Honestly, I think this would be a good idea just because the concept of a "burrito bar" has only been around less than a decade and in that time has exploded and dominated the market. I've come up with a pretty good system for going around and feeling out their "niche" dish to ensure I'm not just ordering the same thing to fit my own personal tastes.

I've already compiled a few places in California, Virginia, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania, but I would like to come up with a few more places to explore to get a rough draft going. If anyone has any (non-chain) suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them and try them out. My plan is to focus on small independent restaurants, and ignore chains like Qdoba and Chipotle. I can't ignore their monumental impact in the food industry, but since those standard items can be found nationwide, my goal is to explore innovation and focus on quality and independence.

So write me, tell your friends, if you want to see your favorite little place around the corner hit it big, then let me know and I'll give them a try.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

in 8th grade, i used to eat carve asada burritos at thos place in pacific beach called santana's, I think. best burritos, stillthink of them often.