Tuesday, December 9, 2008

guava



Today I tried my first guava fruit. I feel like I've had it in smoothies and whatnot, but have never taken just a bite of the actual fruit. Michel, my next-desk-neighbor was kind enough to share this delicacy with me. My conclusion is "strange". There are a lot of tiny seeds which are mildly annoying, and the taste really is too mild to describe. I like the "meatiness" of the fruit and the fact you can bite through the skin, but the aftertaste tasted a lot like the smell of fresh grass. I couldn't taste it on my tongue, rather it was an a taste experienced during my exhale. An interesting experiment, but I'm not sure it's going to make me a guava enthusiast or anything. It is a pretty fruit though, all the right shades of light peach and pink.

No comments: