Monday, December 1, 2008

catch-up

Obviously, Thanksgiving weekend just passed, and with it a multitude of food-eating activities. That, plus the fact that we went camping this weekend in Idyllwild, leaves me with multiple occasions to blog about. First of all, last week Ashton and I made tofu stir fry, and I have yet to upload the pictures from it. Finally, here they are, our vegetarian culinary exploit of the week:

Looks like barf, I know. And tofu doesn't ring pretty with everyone. But believe you me, this was definitely a major success- especially for me, the girl who almost burned down her apartment in Newport News making stir fry. No fire alarms this time, just delicious alarms.



Basically it was olive oil, store bought stir fry sauce, canned bok choy veggies, and we added carrots, garlic and the tofu that we had cooked crispy with a little spice. Really incredible! Ashton cooked the tofu just a little more than what I think most people would like, but I really like it better that way because it's not as weird and squishy. Instead it was nice and crispy with a lot of good flavor from the olive oil and stir fry sauce.

That was our last adventure into the culinary unknown before we left for Thanksgiving in Cherry Valley and then Idyllwild for the weekend. I know that my vast network of readers were sorely disappointed without the brunch update, but have no fear- it will be up probably tomorrow or Wednesday. Brunch was cooked over an open fire in the San Jacinto mountains, so it was no restaurant this week. Just fresh air, some pancakes, and a couple of beers. MmmmMMMmmm.

No comments: