Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stout, San Diego

I've gotta hand it to San Diego- for a food lover, there's no place quite like it. For someone equally enthusiastic about spirits, it's unbeatable. Before this I thought myself an expert on culinary variety, and I'm sure there are places even more rampant with speakeasies, pubs, saloons as well as hole in the wall joints and white collar silver settings, but until I go to that place I'm content staying right here. Stout is a fantastic pub in the Downtown district that's large enough to accommodate a party of any size, and still dark enough to make you feel a little bit dirty and ready for a beer. Seemingly filled with hockey fanatics, they offer a wide span of sports offerings across countless HD TV's, but this doesn't strike me as a typical sports bar. Stout remains first and foremost an Irish pub, and one of the most popular across-the-pond experiences for San Diegans.



Typical Irish fare is served, along with some bar requisites like burgers and buffalo wings. However, how can you waste a pub opportunity by not getting a Reuben? With a Smithwick's in one hand, my eye on the Penguins, and a mouth filled with sauerkraut, there are few places I find myself as happy, or as full. Recommended for meatheads, hooligans, and drunks alike!

Stout Public House
1125 6th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 702-7933

No comments: