Monday, March 30, 2009

Sushi Yoshi

This weekend I got sent to a trade show in Bethesda, Maryland, which is only a hop skip and jump away from my parents house. Luckily, it was also my sister's birthday weekend, so a major sushi outing was already planned! Washington, D.C., and the surrounding areas have an unlimited selection of world class restaurants, so for an occasion of this magnitude I knew that I wouldn't be let down. Recommended by an AUTHENTIC ASIAN PERSON, we got to Sushi Yoshi in Vienna, VA and prepared to feast.

With 7 of us (5 of us being absolute sushi fiends) we decided to go with the Sushi Platter for 6, a sashimi platter for 2, some Chutoro sushi (Dad and I's personal faves), and a few other nibblins with seemed very eel-heavy to satiate my sister's cravings.


Boat of flavor, sailing into my mouth


Rolls for 6


Mas sushi


The Garden Roll- not my favorite, but interesting to try at the very least.

I WISH I had a picture of the sashimi plate and the Chutoro that we got separately, but when we got them they were pretty much gone immediately. Not to mention the miso (exquisite), salads (the seaweed was world-class), and whatever else we got. I never like to drink anything but water with sushi, and this was a good choice for Sushi Yoshi. Nothing took away from the palette of flavors set before us, and this sushi was absolutely five star. Apparently this has only been open for 6 months, but the ratio of Asians to non-Asians was an excellent indicator of quality. Vienna is just a cool town too, very hip and lots of little joints. Definitely a small slice of a "city" in Northern VA.

It's probably for the best that I don't live near there anymore, because I have a feeling it would bankrupt me. Regardless, this is highly highly highly recommended.

Sushi Yoshi
101 Church St.
Vienna, VA, 22180

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hello! My mom lives in vienna. This is very good information to have! Your food blog is so good, it inspires me. keep an eye on mine, some things will be happening soon.

Unknown said...

HA!!!!!!!! When Uncle Steve and Aunt Jen were here last week we got to go to Sushi Yoshi again :-) I didn't have to unbutton my pants this time but i was still full. I got seaweed salad again (always delicious) but they were out of toro :-( i did have black sesame moshi for dessert which was yummy. it was sort of like a small ball of ice cream with an outer layer of chewy, powdery gum-like substance with a raspberry sauce on top. interesting. uncle steve got red bean ice cream which was succulent and jen got green tea ice cream-ehh. but again, the sushi was the whole point and it did Not disappoint!!! I LOOOOOVE THAT PLACE!

Unknown said...

p.s. stay away from the garden rolls. for some reason they have a lot of rolls that include huge chunks of mango and it's just too weird.