Monday, January 19, 2009

El Zarape part 2

Brunch this week was superb. El Zarape is quickly becoming a staple for Ashton and I, so before heading to the beach this weekend we made a quick stop there for brunch. I got the Supreme Breakfast burrito with some trepidation- I am outspoken with my anti-breakfast burrito sentiments, and often don't give them a chance. Some things just weren't meant to be burrito-fied, and I think eggs and potatoes might be some of them. Ashton got the Aloha Burrito, whose flavor greatly resembled that of a fajita. Strange!

All in all, as far as breakfast burritos go, this was pretty choice. Plenty of eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, and cheese all rolled up, and I added a pretty generous amount of their salsa to top it all off. I was only able to finish about 2/3 of it- breakfast burritos are HEAVY! I'll rate it a B, because as far as brunch is concerned a burrito sometimes isn't the way to go, but this was a pretty decent one. I think from now on I'll stick to meat and/or seafood lunch/dinner burritos.


1 comment:

Ex-Lion Tamer said...

fiercely contend your anti breakfast burrito sentiment. Eggs and cheese wrapped up in a tortilla with some fresh salsa is pretty much one of the better ways to wake up. Mix that with a freshly made tortilla and I am in breakfast utopia.