Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday


Of all the possibilities to eclipse brunch, Super Bowl Sunday is one of them. This day dedicated to eating, drinking, and being merry is rivaled only by Thanksgiving, and millions of people around the world found themselves in drunken and swollen belly stupors yesterday. I was no exception. I tended to focus more on munchies and ignore the booze which would take up valuable tummy space, although I did partake in a Rum and Root Beer which was spectacular. The spread we had at my aunt's condo in Oceanside was unbelievable. Not only was there a fabulous view of the ocean from their balcony and a calming breeze from the marina, there was an absolutely loaded table with homemade goodies. Luckily the family understands the importance of homemade and largely skipped the store bought stuff minus chips and unavoidables like that. Shrimp dip, homemade cocktail sauce, chili (mine!), meatballs, and an array of dips sagged the table to its breaking point. I was particularly proud of my contribution of my first attempt at chili, which albeit spicy, was insane. I have to thank Andy Hannas for his recipe contribution, and while mine could NEVER rival his, I thought it turned out PDG. If you want the recipe, let me know and I might be convinced to part with it. Probably not, so just feast your eyes on the photo and try to be satiated. Unfortunately, chili does not translate well into photos, but I often find the pukier it looks the better it tastes. This was no exception.

No comments: