Saturday, January 16, 2010

???


Image from vinostreet.com

I made very few New Year's resolutions this year, because I relate very strongly to Mary Poppins in that I am practically perfect in every way. However, one thing I did vow to make a more conscientious effort to partake in is more red wine. I have generally avoided this beverage and haven't given it much of a shot, but I feel as though 2010 is the perfect year to get on board. It's generally inexpensive, not as filling as beer, and with many more health benefits and a fraction of the fat. What's not to love? This by no means is my way of drinking less beer... just more wine!

So, with that in mind, today's excursion to Trader Joe's wasn't complete without a bottle of their finest red. Seeing as how I have absolutely no idea what the differences in wine are and as a complete wine n00b, I did what I generally would do in this situation- picked a label. What I ended up coming out with was Oreana's Red Table Wine, and at less than $10, it was a steal (or so I hoped).

Image courtesy of Just Karen's Flickr.

Apparently the end result of a mistake gone well, this red was actually quite tasty with a lot of flavor and it went down smoothly. Excuse the lack of actual wine knowledge- I'm still learning! This wasn't exactly the most enlightening experience, as I still couldn't taste, much less describe the differences between a solid Syrah vs. a tasty Cabernet, but stick with me. 2010- year of the wino.

No comments: